Open the Door to Your Future
Susan M.Larson, M.Ed, NCC - Transition/Reinvention Coach
Process of Reinvention
Learn about Yourself
- Evaluate your Values, Call, Legacy, Passions, Strengths, Skills, Motivators/Drivers, Preferences, Solicit Feedback
- Look for themes, dreams, glass balls, rubber balls
- New Learning
Question the Givens
- Formulate new criteria for making decisions
- What are your parameters in terms of family responsibilities, financial limits, physical limits, geographic ties?
- How do I and others view myself and how would I like to tweak this in the future?
- Broaden your possibilities, think out of the box
- Brainstorm based on the first two steps
- Research online, informational interview, shadow
- Narrow the field of options
- What will be the role of meaningful work and amount of time, configuration of work, level of risk, training needed?
- What options align with the new givens, and what I know about myself, and are open/growing areas?
- Experiment, try something on eg. Intern
- Draw on your Blueprint from Steps 1-4 and formulate Short Term and Long Term Goals with actions to be taken and a timeline
- Implement the Goals, on a daily, weekly basis with ongoing evaluation, preparing for detours, and increase network, building in rewards, look for mentor, traveling companion on new path forward.